Be ready to be enlivened with peace and the beautiful sea! Fly in to Rome, then connect from there to Malta. Once you land, a driver will be waiting to take you to Gozo Island (includes a 40 min ferry ride).
We will host some of you at the beautiful Dar il Paci (House of Peace) in the village of Xaghra, on Gozo Island in Malta. And other parts of our group will stay at nearby villa in Xaghra.
Limit is 12 persons per session, and registration is available first come, first served. Each villa includes a shared kitchen & sitting area/living rooms, and other amenities. Almost all bedrooms have private bathrooms. We can arrange a private villa for a single occupant, if needed.
Relaxed and unique locations, created by our host Julian, at Dar il Paci you will awaken to views of the Ramla beach and valley. It is an artist's residence and retreat, having a long history of interesting guests and activities. The house was recently refurbished to a very high standard with a bright, simple and clean approach. The patio and infinity pool are available for any time meditation and relaxation. The bedrooms are large and bright. All rooms face the east and enjoy glorious sunrise with cool sea air via the valley. The house generates electricity from solar panels, keeping the carbon footprint low.
Transportation on Gozo is available through various means: private driver for hire, and well serviced bus route is nearby your villa. For group activities within the curriculum, as noted, transportation is either provided or we will be using the bus routes, varied by activity. Otherwise, for free time and independent exploration, individuals are responsible for their own transportation.
Your villa is within walking distance to the sea, approximately 30 minute walk along the road which can be very pleasant in the morning especially. Or as desired to explore the countryside and find your private time near the sea.
• Week long curriculum, led by Dr. Kim exploring “Jagged Rock”, includes four scheduled class sessions, (1.5 hours each), planned day trips to historical sites, boat tour, beach time and independent exploration time.
• Boat ride around Malta and to Comino Island for snorkeling & swimming at the Blue Lagoon, includes lunch
• Half Day trip to Citadella in Rabat, including visits to the Gozo Museum of Archaeology, Gozo Nature Museum, and the Old Prison
• Day trip to Malta, with visits to Hagar Qim Temple and Mnajdra Temple,
Mdina , St. Paul’s Church and Catacombs, Valetta and St John’s Cathedral and Marsaxlokk Bay
• Flexible, but scheduled times for personal exploration
• Time for Meditations and Journaling throughout the week
• Daily dips in the infinity pool or the sea
• Daily breakfast (kitchens in villas will be stocked with options for healthy breakfasts)
• 2 Group Dinners at the Orchard
• Prearranged Transportation from and to Malta International Airport upon arrival and departure
• Meals and Restaurant Dining:
|All Guests are welcome to share use of their villa’s kitchen for preparing their own groceries and meals as desired. There are also many options for dining out on Gozo. Each evening the group will choose one selected village in Gozo, and transportation will be provided there and back according to agreed upon times. Group may choose to dine together or in small groups at local restaurants in that village. Individuals are also free/welcome to explore other villages for dinner independently, via their own arranged transportation means.
• Scuba diving
• Paddle boarding
• Alcoholic beverages
• Nighttime entertainment
• Spa treatments (ie Massage)
• Additional boating or sailing
• Wine tasting
• Art shows
• Additional day trips or museums that are not in the Jagged Rock Curriculum
|Option 1 Shared Villa, Shared Bedroom (two twin beds or Queen Bed)
|Option 2 Shared Villa, Private Bedroom (one Queen Bed)
|Option 3 Private/separate Villa, with Private Bedroom
$500 Non-refundable deposit to hold your spot.
$600 payment due 11/30/2018
Balance due by 1/31/2019
Airfare not included. Dr. Kim can help you plan your travel itinerary and flights!
For more information and room detail options, contact Dr. Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-945-2107,